amazon recruitment 2022||Programmer Analyst||Amazon hiring freshers
As a Programmer Analyst Intern at Amazon, you will work on large scale and highly available applications or tools. You will work with business and operations teams directly to enable new programs and expansion through your unique technology solutions and software programming skills. You will develop, perform service level integrations, support architectural migrations, troubleshoot, evaluate, and modify internal tools and service level applications. Alongside, you will identify bottlenecks in the current processes and automate manual configuration tasks. Each Programmer Analyst Intern will have an assigned technical mentor to help with onboarding, as well as 1:1 guidance from their manager, and will work closely with other engineers.
As a Programmer Analyst Intern, you will:
· Work with your manager and team to create milestones and deliverables.
· Participate in daily scrums and reviews with development teams.
· Support in platform migrations and configuration, modify internal tools or service level applications and debug or troubleshoot system problems.
· Write code and unit tests and integrate code with other software components.
· Act as a liaison between business and technical stakeholders in order to elicit, analyse, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to software applications or tools to optimally support changing business processes and policies.
· Utilize Amazon engineering tools, processes and technologies including AWS S3, DynamoDB, EC2 etc.
Job Location: Hyderabad, TS and Bangalore, KA
You May Also Like
· Currently working towards a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent. Majorly focusing on CS Fundamentals – Data Structures, Algo, Problem Solving, and Coding.
· Experience building software applications through internships, course projects, hackathons, or personal projects.
· Ability to write clean code for basic data structure problems and algorithms in any one programming or scripting language.
· Proficient in at least one programming language Java (preferred), C++, or C# (or) scripting languages such as SQL, Perl, Python, XML, or Ruby.
· Ability to read and interpret complex code, debug and troubleshoot application level issues (or) issues with internal tools with minimal guidance.
· Ability to recognize and adopt best practices in software engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations.
· Exposure to any of the following concepts: Web Services and other Web Technologies, schedulers, workflows, state machines, multi-threading and networking protocols.
· Exposure to AWS technologies such as AWS S3, DynamoDB etc.
· Ability to come up with simple solutions without over-engineering.
· Ability to take initiative and produce results.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
FoundedJuly 5, 1994
Key People Andy Jassy (President & CEO), Brian T Olsavsky (Senior Vice President and CFO), David H Clark (CEO, Worldwide Consumer), Shelley J Reynolds (Vice President, Worldwide Controller), and David A. Zapolsky (Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary)
Headquarter Seattle, Washington, U.S.
Revenue: 469 billion US dollars (2021)
To be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavours to offer its customers the lowest possible prices.
Culture and Values
Work Environment and Culture:
Amazon employs more than 2,75,000 employs in the US and more than 500,000 people worldwide
- Amazon still works according to the startup culture, where one can wear anything to work, and is free to come to work and leave any time
- The leaders in the organization are approachable
- The organization offers numerous benefits and perks to all its employees worldwide
- It gives you the advantage of both a big company and a startup, and a place where you’ll meet the best talents
- Amazon is a world of its own, and has its own resources for almost everything
- Work life balance across the organization is not considered to be very good
- Amazon’s gigantic ecosystem provides with a lot of good opportunities to grow
- Amazon works at half yearly review cycles, as opposed to most organizations that work on an annual review cycle
- Amazon discourages the use of presentations in meetings. Instead, they prefer short and concise documents
Amazon’s Leadership Principles aren’t inspirational wall hangings. These Principles work hard, just like people at Amazon do. Amazonians use them every day, whether they’re discussing ideas for new projects, deciding on the best solution for a customer’s problem, or interviewing candidates.
- Customer Obsession
- Invent and Simplify
- Are Right, A Lot
- Learn and Be Curious
- Hire and Develop the Best
- Insist on the Highest Standards
- Think Big
- Bias for Action
- Earn Trust
- Dive Deep
- Have Backbone; Disagree and Commit
- Deliver Results
Read more about Amazon
Amazon is a multinational technology giant that focuses on various services like e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming and artificial intelligence. It is one of the Big Five companies in the US IT industry, along with Google, Microsoft, Facebook and Apple
Jeff Bezos set up Amazon in 1994 as an online marketplace for books and then further expanded to sell electronics, games, apparel, furniture etc. In 2015, Amazon surpassed Walmart to become the most valuable retailer in US
Amazon Web Services was launched in 2002, which just provided internet traffic pattern and today more than 2 million people and businesses use Amazon’s services, worldwide
Amazon is committed to building a sustainable business for our customers and the planet. In 2019, Amazon co-founded The Climate Pledge—a commitment to be net-zero carbon across our business by 2040, 10 years ahead of the Paris Agreement. As part of this pledge, Amazon has made ambitious commitments toward reaching this goal
1. Amazon Fresh
Amazon Fresh is the grocery delivery service which is available in major cities of US and then expanded around the globe to Berlin, Hamburg, London, Milan, Munich, Rome, Tokyo, Singapore and India. Amazon Fresh also opened six physical stores in US
2. Amazon Prime
Amazon Prime is a paid subscription service available in various countries, and gives users access to services like free delivery, one-day delivery and streaming services for music, video and e-books
3. Amazon Web Services
One of the largest subsidiaries of Amazon that provides on-demand cloud computing platforms and APIs to various entities on a metered-as-you-go basis
Alexa is the virtual assistant AI technology developed by Amazon and used in smart speakers like Amazon Echo and Smart Home technologies
Appstore is the package app store for Amazon’s Fire OS operating system
6. Amazon Drive
Earlier known as Amazon Cloud Drive, Amazon Drive is a cloud storing application for cloud storage, file sharing, file backup etc
Amazon Echo is the brand of smart speaker that connects to the voice-controlled personal assistant, Alexa
Kindle is the series of e-readers that enables users to browse, buy, download and read e-books, newspapers, magazines etc
9. Fire Tablet
A series of tablet computers developed by Amazon
10. Fire TV
Fire TV is a line of Digital media players and microconsoles that deliver digital audio and video streamed through the internet
11. Amazon Digital Game Store
Digital video game distribution service managed by the international e-commerce arm of Amazon
12. Amazon Studios
Amazon studios is an American television and film producer and a distributor
A company focussed on researching and building innovative technology
14. Amazon Maritime
Amazon Maritime holds a federal license to operate as a non-vessel owning common carrier to manage its shipments across the world
Audible is a seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming on the internet
Gooodreads is a social cataloging website that allows users to freely search user populated database of books, annotations and reviews
Twitch is a live streaming platform for video games
Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
- Amazon recently acquired the film and TV company MGM(Metro Goldwyn Mayer) for $8.65Bn, giving them access to MGM’s huge repository of tv shows and movies
- In December 2020, Amazon acquired the independent podcast company Wondery, under its subsidiary Amazon music
- Amazon bought the Finland based 3D technology firm named as Umbra 3D for an undisclosed amount
- Amazon also acquired the self-driving startup Zoox in June 2020
Top 5 Competitors
Recent News and Developments
- Amazon founder Jeff Bezos is stepping down as CEO on July 4th, 2021 to focus on his new company Blue Origin, which will kick off space tourism
- Andy Jassy to replace Jeff Bezos as CEO of Amazon
- Amazon launching its Prime Day sale on June 21st, 2021
- Amazon Prime bagged streaming rights for Premier League for yet another year for $650Mn
- Amazon Air started air cargo deliveries for Us Postal services, gearing up to compete with FedEx and UPS
- Amazon announced its plans to enter the satellite broadcast space in India, giving direct competition to Bharti backed One-Web and Elon Musk’s SpaceX
Opportunities at Amazon
Amazon carries out extensive hiring activities in B-Schools across the country. The roles that are typically offered by Amazon to BSchool graduates include Marketing Manager, Product Manager, InStock Manager, Sales Specialist, Merchandising Manager, Business Intelligence, Business Operations, Brand Development, Analytics and Insights, Partner Management, Business Development, Finance, Category management, Program Management, Brand Management etc to name a few
- amazon hiring freshers work from home,
amazon hiring freshers,
amazon jobs for freshers salary,
amazon careers for freshers in india,