Google Software Engineering Internship 2023
Our Winter internships will start in January 2023 and will be 22-24 weeks in duration.
This internship is intended for students who are pursuing the final year in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or a Dual degree program in Computer Science or a related field and will graduate in 2023.
To start the application process, you will need an updated CV or resume and a current unofficial or official transcript in English. Click on the ‘Apply’ button on this page and provide the required materials in the appropriate sections (PDFs preferred):
- In the ‘Resume’ section, attach an updated CV or resume. Ensure any proficiency in coding languages are listed on resume.
- In the ‘Higher education’ section, fill out the fields accordingly and select ‘Now attending’ under ‘Degree status’. Then, upload a current or recent unofficial or official transcript in English.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Hyderabad, Telangana, India; Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
- Currently enrolled in an Associate, Bachelor’s, or Master’s degree program and or post-secondary or training experience with a focus on subjects in software development or other technical related fields.
- Experience in software development.
- Experience with Data Structures or Algorithms gathered from inside or outside of school or work (including open source hobby coding).
- Experience working with some of the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, or security software development.
- Available to work full time for a minimum of 6 months outside of university term time.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
You May also like
About the job
As a Software Engineering Intern, you will work on our core products and services as well as those who support critical functions of our engineering operations. Whether it’s finding new and innovative ways to advance search quality, building computing platforms and networking technologies, automating the indexing of videos, or continuing to refine and scale complex auction systems, you’ll develop solutions for challenging technical problems.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to address some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Create and support a productive and innovative team, including working with peers, managers, and teams.
- Develop scripts to automate routine tasks.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution to effectively solve problems.
- Apply knowledge gained in computer science courses to real-world problems.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To learn more about COVID vaccination requirements for US Google workplaces, read our Vaccination Entry Policy.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Industry Information Technology
Founder Larry Page & Sergey Brin
Founded4th September, 1998
Key People Sundar Pichai (CEO), Philipp Schindler (Chief Business Officer), Don Harrison (President, Corporate Development), Kent Walker (SVP, Global Affairs), Lorraine Twohill (SVP, Global Marketing), Sanjay Gupta (Country manager and Vice President Google India), and Pankaj Gupta (Director, Strategy and Operations Google India)
Headquarter Mountain View, California, United States
Read more about Google
Google is an American multinational technology company, founded in 1998 by Sergey Brin and Larry Page, that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, a search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware.
More than 70 percent of worldwide online search requests are handled by Google. Google.com is the most visited website worldwide. Many other Google-owned websites also are on the list of most popular websites.
- Google Search
- Google Alerts
- Google Assistant
- Google Bookmarks
- Google Books
- Google Ads
- Google AdSense
- Google Ad Manager
- Google Marketing Platform
Communication and publishing tools
- Google Account
- Google Calendar
- Google Chat
- Google Charts
- Google Classroom
- Google Maps
- Google My Maps
- Google Maps Gallery
- Google Mars
- Google Moon
- Google Analytics
- Google Surveys
- Google Ngram Viewer
- Google Public Data Explorer
- Google Workspace
- Google My Business
- Google Tables (beta)
Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
- Google acquired Provino Technologies, a start-up developing network-on-chip systems for machine learning in May 2021.
- Google acquired 3D audio startup Dysonics in December 2020.
- Actifio was acquired by Google in December 2020.
- Google also acquired Dataform, the UK startup helping businesses manage data warehouses in December 2020.
Top 5 Competitors
Recent News and Developments
- Google has offered a paid upgrades to businesses using Gmail addresses
- Google and Samsung are building a unified open-source operating system for smartwatches.
- Google has planned to launch Pixel 5a 5G in 2021, but not in India.
- Google plans to change its Search algorithm to curb online abuse
- Google has brought end-to-end encryption for messages, emoji sticker suggestions to android devices.
Opportunities at Google
At Google, MBAs mainly work on projects in the areas of product management, sales, finance, marketing, and operations.